Family of Fans

Family of Fans

Friday, July 22, 2011

Rain...and Costumes


"Life is not waiting for the storms to pass,
but learning to dance in the rain."

That is one of my favorite quotes, though I'm unsure who I'm quoting. Suffice it to say, it's good but it's not mine.

I love rain storms. I love the smell of the rain, and the refreshing effect it has. I enjoy watching the lightning crackle against the sky, and I don't even mind the thunder. (I shudder over the worms that come out though, ew.)

For some reason, my kids are nervous about it. So, I taught them a little about dancing in the rain...

I never took dance classes though, and I prefer letting the
professionals handle the "official" training.

The girls' recital was a riot!

Marquessa is a born performer, and a natural dancer...she is just SO good. Courtney surprised us by actually doing most of the dance (at rehearsal she mainly watched the other girls), and taking a moment to pick her costume out of her behind.


I'm so proud of my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment