Family of Fans

Family of Fans

Friday, July 22, 2011

The 2011 Invasion of Texas


The Binns Family Reunion began in
New Braunfels, Texas on June 20th, 2011.

Paul's family is scattered from Utah, to Colorado, to Houston, Texas. And though we see most of them off and on throughout the years, it is quite a feat to get everyone in the same place at the same time, and for the same purpose. The last gathering was 3 years ago, when we lost our sweet niece Hannah to a rare form of brain cancer.

Glad to report that this was a happy reunion! And New Braunfels, TX is a place none of us had been before. Aside from the heat...I LOVED the area.

First item of business upon arrival...COOL OFF!
We have a crazy awesome family, and we had a fabulous time in the pool.


Day Two - was The Schlitterbahn. Heard of it? We hadn't either before booking this trip, but it is the world's largest water park. It was SO worth every dollar spent and every minute there. (And for obvious reasons, uh WATER, I didn't take too many pictures. And what I have doesn't do this place justice!)

Binns cousins! (Missing 3 of the younger ones...)

The "big cousins"


Lazy River!

My Pirate Princess and her ship!

Ah...to go back....

Day Three was San Antonio and The Alamo.
I have to admit I turn into a history junkie when we travel. I definitely didn't appreciate it as a kid; I just couldn't wrap my head around history from books and stories. So, before we left Utah, I went to the library and checked out books about The Alamo, because I couldn't remember what happened there. Guess what I learned? Davy Crockett was a real person...not just some guy Disney made up songs about. I tell you, I'm genius (rolls eyes)...

I could have spent the whole day here.
The Alamo
The Alamo Museum (Gorgeous!)

The Clan...missing two sisters-in-law

On to Day Four....Sea World San Antonio - Okay, I have been to Sea World San Diego a handful of times, and I admit, this was the day I was least excited for. Ya know the whole been-there-done-that thing? Wow. I was so wrong. It was completely different. The only thing that was remotely the same was the Shamu show! LOVED IT. My favorite part, the water-skiing show. Seriously cool. And I thought they only did that in movies!



Two of my most favorite people on the planet!

Day Five was set aside to catch our breath! We all went to see the new movie CARS 2, and swam in the pool. It was nice to even get a nap in after so many busy hours!

And the hardest day of all was day six. Hard for lost of reasons...but, two phrases will explain all: "family pictures" and "good-bye".

Not to worry, I have a release form from the photographer to post this!
Snazzy lookin' bunch o' peeps, eh?


Courtney saying good-bye to cousin Becca...and sobbing!
Good-bye really is the saddest word.

When I asked Courtney why she was crying she said: "We won't get to see our new cousins forever!" I agree Courtney, the next time we see everyone cannot come fast enough....




No comments:

Post a Comment