Family of Fans

Family of Fans

Friday, July 22, 2011

Mother's Day

I teach an adult class called Gospel Doctrine every other week at our church; and for the past 5 years of my motherhood, I've been busy with preparing and teaching every Mother's Day. This was the first year, having children, that I wasn't scheduled to teach one class or another...and I was SO looking forward to just enjoying it.

Word to the wise, never get comfortable! Just as I was reveling in my "enjoying", I was asked to talk to our whole congregation Mother's Day morning.

It is a very sensitive topic, Motherhood. Especially when you are hoping to adopt again...when you are aching for another child that you can't have, and have no control over the arrival of that child you so desperately want.

So, I spent the week crying. Thinking about how I wanted a large family, thinking about how great it would be to watch the girls fuss over a little brother...or sister (or both!). I thought about how lucky I would be to have more children. I prayed for more children!

I also spent the week learning. Motherhood isn't just raising children, but it is definitely that. Motherhood is a divine potential from God to all of His daughters! It means He has given us each unique talents and gifts so that we can all qualify for eternal increase in posterity (children!), wisdom and influence. Isn't that beautiful?!

And, despite how hard it is sometimes to accept God's timing...I am grateful that He recognized that I would need to receive my "maternity" through the glorious gift of adoption. I didn't just need my kids in my life...I needed the relationship of their birthmothers.

Being a mom is amazing, but being an adoptive mom? I just don't have words...

1 comment:

  1. You're amazing! Keep up the great attitude and good luck! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete