Family of Fans

Family of Fans

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hyrum - Annual Family Reunion

Family Reunions...who actually likes them?

Would you be surprised if I told you that I come from a very large family (mom's side) that loves family reunions so much that they actually camp together for an entire week, shedding tears at the end of the week? Oh, and planning for the next reunion begins 1 month after the last, or 11 months before the next? Well, I do.

(here's a small glimpse of the camp...like less than 1/3 of it...)

That tells you what kind of an amazing family I come from. My mom is the oldest child of 7. Her youngest brother is only 4 years older than I am. I am the eldest grandchild...there are 29 of us, and there are 29 years between us. That doesn't include spouses, and my cousins kids. Suffice it to say, there's a LOT of us together for one week a year at Hyrum State Park and Reservoir, near Logan, UT.

The week is always filled with boating (water-skiing, wake-boarding, etc.), slip-n-slides, water games,


crafts, ice-cream runs,
(mmm...Aggie Ice-Cream!)

a family movie night (provided by my super talented and technologically genius cousin),
(This year it was Mulan)

good food, a family talent show...and lots and lots of laughter.


Just talking about it makes me want to go back. I'm pretty sure Heaven will be just like Hyrum...

No comments:

Post a Comment