Family of Fans

Family of Fans

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Notes from two incredible birthmom's...who I like to call my friends.

You DON'T have to take our word for it...

Hi. My name is Anne. Jeanette and Paul adopted my daughter March 23 rd 2006 and it has been an amazing experience. They have been so kind and loving towards me and my family throughout the past 5 years. I love that I can see Marquessa throughout the year and get so many pictures of her. Jeanette takes millions of pictures and I love it. They also invited me to one of her dance performances and I was so gratefull that they wanted me to be a part of that. They really try to make you a part of thier family. I love them both so much! They are amazing parents. They are exactly what I wanted in parents for her. They deserve to have an amazing family!


(This picture was taken July 2011)

Hello! My name is Sara Jane. I placed my baby girl, Courtney, in Paul and Jeanette’s arms on February 19, 2008, four days after she was born. Although I had known since October 2007, the day I met them, that they were meant to be Courtney’s parents. From that day forward I felt so good about my decision and what was best for Courtney. Paul and Jeanette are amazing parents and I am grateful everyday knowing she has such a wonderful family.

From the second I first thought about placing my baby for adoption I knew the only way I would be able to do it was through an open adoption. Some people questioned me for that and said it would be harder… Not for me. I needed that. I needed to be able to know her family and build a strong and lasting relationship with them. I knew it might be harder to find someone so willing to have the open relationship I needed with open adoptions being such a new thing for so many people. But to me it truly is amazing. And I feel lucky to have been able to find that.

They are all such a big part of my life. Paul and Jeanette are such incredible parents but most of all I know Courtney is so loved. Jeanette is SO good at sending LOTS of pictures and I love it. She constantly keeps me updated through letters and email and I feel so lucky to always know how Courtney is doing. I feel so blessed to have her in my life.

We have had many meals out together and different excursions and every time I come away from it so happy and blessed. I usually see Courtney 2-3 times a year now. She has changed my life and I love her so much. Paul and Jeanette do such a good job of including me and making me feel like I am, in a funny way, a part of the family. I love it and appreciate it so much. Knowing that she is happy and healthy and loved is all that matters to me and with her parents I know they will always show me that and they do.

Thanks for listening to me ramble on. I truly know Paul and Jeanette would be remarkable parents to not only your baby but amazing friends/family to you. They have such great qualities and values and I feel so lucky to have them in my life. I know it is such a hard decision, but having an open adoption has helped me so much. My thoughts and prays are with you during this difficult time. I know what you are going through and it isn’t easy, but my decision made it all so worth it and I have found such peace and happiness through my experience and still do as I continue to watch Courtney grow and interact with her family.

Love,

Sara Jane

(This picture was taken September 2011)

1 comment:

  1. I am so incredibly blessed to have these beautiful and amazing women in my life. They are an added blessing to the gift of adoption they gave to us. We love them so much.

    I'm sincerely grateful for their willingness to help advocate for us in finding another "missing piece" to this crazy puzzle we call our family.

    ReplyDelete